PROCESSING FEE: $250
(PLUS washington STATE FEES)
In this section we'll explain the requirements, where to file, and fees regarding foreign qualification in Washington state.
If you've incorporated your company in any state other than Washington (state) and you wish to "conduct business" in Washington, you'll need to "foreign qualify" your company in Washington.
If you're "doing business" in Washington (state) and your company is NOT registered/qualified, you risk having to pay back taxes and penalties to the State of Washington.
The form that needs to be completed and filed is called the "Foreign Registration Statement". The State of Washington requires the following pieces of information:
- Name of company
- Doing Business As name (if applicable)
- State of Incorporation
- Date of formation in state of incorporation
- Period of duration in state of incorporation -- either perpetual or a stated end date
- Street address of principal office in the State of Washington (No PO Box or PMB)
- A designated commercial registered agent for service of process (can be either a corporation or natural person)
- Street address of agent for service of process (PO Box is NOT acceptable)
- Nature of business / type of services or products offered
- Date began doing business in State of Washington
Where to file
The completed form can be filed by mail or in person:
Office of the Secretary of State
801 Capitol Way S
Olympia, WA 98504-0234
State of Washington, Secretary of State phone is (360) 725-0377. There website is https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/all-services.aspx
Fees & Costs
The State of Washington has a filing fee of $180. The non-profit filing fee is $30. To expedite your filing, Washington state charges a fee of $50.
We hope you found this page beneficial regarding an out of state LLC or corporation doing business in the State of Washington. For a small processing fee plus state fees, you can have one of our expert Incorporation Specialists "foreign qualify" your company in Washington. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819. Thank you for your interest in Foreign Qualification in Washington State.