Delaware Certificate of Conversion
PROCESSING FEE: $185
(PLUS STATE FEES)
Delaware Law allows for the conversion of one entity type to another entity type.
- The process involves preparing a certificate of conversion and certificate of formation for the converted company.
- The changes will be set forth in the certificate and filed with the Secretary of State.
- Conversion offers a convenient way of changing entity type without the need to start all company affairs from scratch.
- It is possible to dissolve the old company and form a new one, but this way, the company loses its original formation date, and would need new tax ID, resign all existing contracts, and so forth.
- In some cases a company that was formed as one entity type (LLC, Corporation, etc.) reaches a point where it becomes necessary or preferable to change its type to a different entity type. Examples of such cases vary from LLCs looking to raise money from investors, who require shares of stock and more formal management structure, or corporations, that due to tax or other reasons, need to become a LLC.
- Most states support conversion from LLC to Corporation and from corporation to LLC, while a few support only conversion to one entity type.
- A Delaware entity can convert from a corporation to a LLC, trust, or partnership (limited and general)
- Delaware entity can convert from a LLC to a corporation, trust, or partnership (limited and general)
Thank you for your interest in the Delaware certificate of conversion process.
Included in all incorporating services:
- Company Name Check Verification & Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles of Formation
- Same Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent (1st Year FREE)
- Email Reminders & Alerts
- Lifetime Customer Support
Start Your Business Today for Only $50.00 Plus State Filing Fees.