Delaware Income Tax
In this section, we will detail Delaware’s income tax. There are two types of income tax in Delaware: 1) personal income tax and 2) Delaware corporate income tax. For more information about Delaware's corporate income tax, visit this page.
Personal Income Tax
This is a tax that is collected based on the amount of “personal” income you receive from different sources.
All Delaware citizens are required to file a Delaware income tax return with the State of Delaware.
The Delaware standard deduction for single filer's is $3,250. The standard deduction for married filer's is $6,500.
If you take itemized deductions and you are a property owner in Delaware, you can deduct the amount of real estate property taxes you have already paid to your county.
Your income tax rate and income tax bracket are determined by the level of personal income you receive.
Here are Delaware's income tax brackets:
Tax Brackets for 2018 Tax Year for Single Filers & Married Filers
|Tax Bracket||Tax Rate|
The following categories represent types of taxable income:
- Wages and salaries
- Tip income
- Interest received
- Business income
- Capital gains and losses
- Pensions and annuities
- Lump-sum distributions
- Rollovers from retirement plans
- Rental income and expenses
- Farming and fishing income
- Earning for Clergy
- Unemployment compensation
- Gambling income and losses
- Bartering income
- Scholarship and Fellowship grants
- Social Security and equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits
- 401(k) plans
- Passive activities (losses and credits)
- Stock options
- Exchange of Policyholder Interest for stock
- Canceled debt
- Alimony and child support
The Delaware tax form required to file your return is form 200-1 Form 200-01 “Resident Individual Income Tax Return”. This is a fillable PDF form. Adobe Reader is required.
For Delaware non-residents, use form 200-2 "Non-Resident Individual Income Tax Return". This is a fillable PDF form. Adobe Reader is required.
Delaware has no sales tax. If you live out of state and would like to purchase items and have them delivered to Delaware, you can avoid sales tax. Read about our Delaware Package Forwarding Service here.
Thank you for your interest in Delaware income tax. If you have any questions, please incorporating in Delaware, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819.
Included in all incorporating services:
- Company Name Check Verification & Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles of Formation
- Same Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent (1st Year FREE)
- Email Reminders & Alerts
- Lifetime Customer Support
Start Your Business Today for Only $50.00 Plus State Filing Fees.