In this section we'll be covering the general features of a limited liability company (aka LLC). The company (entity type) our clients select most often is the Delaware Limited Liability Company (LLC). Here are some features of the Delaware LLC.
- A Delaware LLC may file a Certificate of Formation which does not name the Initial Members.
- A Delaware LLC is not required to file an Annual Report or hold annual meetings.
- There is no Delaware state corporate income tax on goods or services provided by Delaware corporations operating outside of Delaware.
- There is no Delaware Sales Tax.
- A LLC may be eligible to elect to be taxed by the IRS as an Individual (Disregarded Entity), Partnership, S-Corporation or C-Corporation.
- The liability of all Members (owners) is limited to their investments in the LLC (unless they personally guarantee other debt incurred by the LLC, commit fraud or commingle funds).
- A Delaware LLC is required by law to maintain a Registered Agent in the state of in the state of Delaware.
- DBI will be your Delaware Registered Agent and the first 12 months of Registered Agent service is included with the purchase of a new company registration package.
- The service is $100 per year thereafter or $120 per year outside the US.
- The annual Delaware LLC Tax is currently $300 a year and is a flat rate not dependent income, assets or activity.
- A Delaware LLC has the right to conduct Interstate Business and DBI can qualify a Delaware LLC to conduct Intrastate Business.
- Non-resident, Non-citizens are eligible to form an LLC in in Delaware.
- Non-Citizen Non-Residents with no US Source Income will not owe US Federal Income Tax.
- An LLC can raise capital by selling Membership Interest Shares which can be privately bought or sold but which cannot be listed on a public stock exchange.
- LLC's issue Membership Share Certificates instead of Stock Certificates.
We hope this section was beneficial to you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819. Thank you for your interest in LLC features.
Included in all incorporating services:
- Company Name Check Verification & Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles of Formation
- Same Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent (1st Year FREE)
- Email Reminders & Alerts
- Lifetime Customer Support
Start Your Business Today for Only $70.00 Plus State Filing Fees.