Delaware Boat Registration
Processing Fee: $297
Let Delaware Business Incorporators, Inc. (DBI) handle your annual Delaware boat registration requirements.
Our experienced Delaware boat registration specialists will complete the forms annually for you and forward to you for your signature. Not all Delaware boat registration agents are as thorough and accurate as DBI.
All you need to do is complete our online registration form and we'll take care of the rest.
Benefits to you
- Peace of mind that your Delaware boat registration is performed properly and in a timely manner
- Quick and simple boat registration
- Convenient for you
- Delaware is a tax-free state for yacht/boat purchases
- A non-US citizen may own a Delaware LLC which in turn can own a vessel registered in Delaware
- Cruise in the United States (you must fly the flag of the country of the owner of the LLC)
Delaware Boat Registration services include the following:
- Preparing annual registration paper
- Forwarding to you for signature
- State of Delaware fees will be charged separately to your credit card
- FREE shipping of your boat decals via Fedex or other express carrier with tracking to US addresses. International shipping is additional. Weight .5 lbs.
Documents Required from You for Delaware Boat Registration
- Original Title (seller must complete purchaser information and sign title; if title has not been signed, seller must complete a notarized bill of sale with a complete description of vessel)
- Original Registration (seller must complete a notarized bill of sale with complete description of vessel)
- Federal Documentation (photocopy of seller's most recent Certificate of Documentation; seller must complete a notarized bill of sale with complete description of vessel)
- Lien release (if applicable)
- Original Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin OR Builder's Certificate assign to purchaser(s) and original Bill of Sale (NEW VESSELS ONLY)
What You Will Receive
- Boat Registration Certificate issued by the State of Delaware
- 2 diamond-shaped decals with your registration number to affix to your yacht/boat
- All documents and decals shipped via Federal Express or other express shipping company with tracking number
State and DBI Fees
- DBI Processing Fee: $297.00 annually or every 3 years depending on the term you select.
- State of Delaware fees vary based on length of registration either 1 or 3 years and the length of your boat/yacht.
- Yacht/boat registrations are required annually (unless you select a 3 year registration) and cover the time period from January 1 to December 31.
- Renewals start November 1.
- Registration fees cannot be prorated.
- Please select the term of either 1 year or 3 years for registering your boat.
- Your credit card will be charged for $297.00 plus the State of Delaware's fees based on the length of your boat and term desired.
- State of Delaware fees will be charged separately.
- Need a Delaware LLC for ownership purposes? We can help form your LLC first before we register your boat.
When a vessel is in use, the vessel’s registration card must be onboard. If you are stopped by Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Police and you do not have a valid registration card on board, a ticket may be issued. It is the responsibility of the vessel’s operator (not the owner) to be sure the vessel is registered, has all required safety equipment, and that it is being operated in a safe manner.
Frequently Asked Questions on Boat Registrations
Do I have to register my vessel?
Delaware law requires the registration of all motorboats, including those powered by electric motors.
What is meant by the "State of Principal Use?"
Your vessel must be registered in its “State of Principal Use.” “State of Principal Use” means a state on whose waters a vessel is used or to be used most during a calendar year. Delaware regulations state that if the vessel is to be used, docked, or stowed on the waters of this State for over 60 consecutive days, Delaware is its “State of Principal Use.”
Why should I register my vessel?
Registration numbers provide identification for the return of stolen or found boats. Registration also helps locating persons involved in boating accidents, identifying vessels requesting assistance, and helps identify vessels violating the law. Registration fees are used to fund resource protection, educational programs, access areas and their maintenance, and fund safety patrols.
What does it mean to "document" my yacht or sailboat with the US Coast Guard?
A. For vessels over 26 feet in length, you can "title" your vessel with the US Coast Guard. This is a federal documentation process. USCG documenting is optional for recreational boats but mandatory for commercial vessels.
Included in all incorporating services:
- Company Name Check Verification & Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles of Formation
- Same Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent (1st Year FREE)
- Email Reminders & Alerts
- Lifetime Customer Support
Start Your Business Today for Only $70.00 Plus State Filing Fees.