Articles of Incorporation Delaware
The Articles of Incorporation Delaware form is used to form a "for-profit" corporation in Delaware.
You can use this form to file your articles directly with the State of Delaware.
For your convenience, this form names Delaware Business Incorporators, Inc. as your registered agent.
Articles of Incorporation Delaware
In this section, we are going to learn about how to use the Delaware Articles of Incorporation form to create a new corporation. We'll supply the template and form you'll need to file with the State of Delaware. Or, you can use our services for a nominal fee. Here are some commonly asked questions and answers.
Are the Delaware articles of incorporation for a limited liability company the same as a corporation?
No. They are similiar but not the same.
To form a corporation in Delaware, articles of incorporation is prepared. This document is also called a Certificate of Incorporation.
To form a Delaware LLC, articles of formation is prepared and filed.
What type of information is included on the Articles for a "for-profit" corporation?
- A corporate name with an approved ending, i.e. Corp., Corporation, Limited, Ltd., Incorporated, or Inc. must be selected.
- The name of your registered agent and registered agent's office address.
- A purposes statement such as "The purpose of the corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which corporations may be organized under the General Corporation Law of Delaware."
- The amount of shares authorized and the par value.
- The name and address of the incorporator.
- A sworn statement by the incorporator such as "I, The Undersigned, for the purpose of forming a corporation under the laws of the State of Delaware, do make, file and record this Certificate, and do certify that the facts herein stated are true, and I have accordingly hereunto set my hand this <current date>.
What type of information is required to be on the Certificate of Incorporation for a non-profit corporation?
- The name of the non-profit Corporation.
- The name of the registered agent in Delaware.
- The street address of the registered agent in Delaware.
- A purpose statement such as: "The purpose of the corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which corporations may be organized under the General Corporation Law of Delaware. (If the Corporation is to be a nonprofit corporation, please add: “This Corporation shall be a nonprofit corporation.”
- A statement indicating that the corporation shall not have a capital stock such as: "The corporation shall not have any capital stock.
- A statement regarding the conditions of membership
- And a statement regarding the name and address of the incorporation such as "The name and mailing address of the incorporator are as follows: <name of incorporator> and <address of incorporation>.
Is there a Delaware Articles of Incorporation template or sample form available?
Yes. The State of Delaware provides a free template form in a fillable PDF format.
Is there a Delaware LLC articles of incorporation template form?
Yes. The Delaware Department of State provides free template form in a fillable PDF format.
Can I name your company as the Registered Agent in Delaware?
Yes. If you use the State of Delaware forms, you'll need to enter our name in the registered agent name area and our address in the address area.
Delaware Business Incorporators, Inc.
3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 700
Wilmington, DE 19808
If you plan on using our registered agent service, please order our Delaware registered agent service after you file your copies of articles of incorporation.
IMPORTANT STEP: Once you file this form directly with the State, please notify us directly so that we can invoice you for our registered agent service. We charge $100 per year for US billing address and $120 per year for billing addresses OUTSIDE of the US.
If you do not notify us, we will resign as your agent and you will not be in compliance with the State of Delaware.
We hope this section was beneficial to you. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819. Thank you for your interest in Articles of Incorporation Delaware.
Included in all incorporating services:
- Company Name Check Verification & Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles of Formation
- Same Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent (1st Year FREE)
- Email Reminders & Alerts
- Lifetime Customer Support
Start Your Business Today for Only $50.00 Plus State Filing Fees.