what is the meaning of llc?
- LLC is an abbreviation for Limited Liability Company. A LLC has been described as a cross between a partnership and a corporation.
- Members (owners) of the LLC have limited liability for the debts and obligations of the company. In effect, you have the liability protection of a corporation but the tax benefits of a partnership.
- Members can only lose whatever investment or capital they have put into the company.
- A LLC is also much more flexible regarding its management structure. A basic, single document called the Articles of Formation or Organization is filed with the State of Delaware, Division of Corporations to bring life to a LLC. A LLC operating agreement is where you outline the duties and responsibilities of members (owners) and managers. You can also have Managing Members.
- Delaware and all states recognize the limited liability company. You can open a domestic Delaware LLC and then register to do business in your home state. This process is called a foreign qualification.
For more information about all the types of entities that Delaware recognizes, visit this page here.
We hope you found this section helpful. If you have more questions, please call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819.
Thank you for your interest in LLC meaning definition.
Included in all incorporating services:
- Company Name Check Verification & Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles of Formation
- Same Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent (1st Year FREE)
- Email Reminders & Alerts
- Lifetime Customer Support
Start Your Business Today for Only $70.00 Plus State Filing Fees.