In this section, we'll explain the reason why it is recommended to have a LLC kit and what is in a typical kit.
What is a LLC kit?
A LLC corporate kit is a large binder that is a convenient place to maintain and store your LLCs operating agreement, company minutes, member membership ledger, membership certificates, and an embossing seal.
Do you need a seal for a LLC?
A seal is not legally required. However, many governmental offices and private companies may request that you "seal" a legal document such as a lease or contract.
What is a company seal and binder?
A company seal is a metal seal that includes the name of the LLC, date of formation, and state of formation. The seal is placed in a stamping device that is used to place a raised letter imprint on paper. A binder can be a 3-ring binder or some other type of binding system that holds all of the LLC records in one place.
What do you use a company seal for?
A company seal is used to officially imprint legal documents with raised letters of the LLC's date of formation, name of LLC, and state of formation.
Do we need a corporate seal?
At some point in your LLC's existence, you will be asked to "seal" some type of document. It is recommended to have a LLC seal and keep it with your LLC papers and documents.
What is the difference between a seal and a stamp?
A seal places an imprint in paper. A stamp is usually made of rubber and is used to apply ink to paper.
What type of LLC kits does Delaware Business Incorporators, Inc. offer?
We offer several different corporate LLC startup kits including digital, physical, and International versions.
- Our customized corporate llc kits come in either digital or physical formats.
- Digital format kits can be prepared and emailed the same day we receive your order.
- Our physical kits are custom prepared and shipped the same day as we receive your order.
- All orders must be received before 12 noon Eastern Standard Time.
Each Delaware LLC Kit comes with the following items:
- 20 Customized LLC Kit certificates or interest units and printed on high quality paper 24 lb thickness with watermark
- LLC Kit Custom Minute Book Binder
- Membership ledger for recording and listing members and certificate holders
- Matching slipcase to keep your LLC kit clean and dust free
- Operating Agreement template
- 1 5/8” Limited Liability Kit Embossing Seal with a life-time guarantee.
- Five Position Limited Liability Kit Tabs: Minutes, Articles, Operating Agreement, Certificates, Membership Listing
- Special Limited Liability Kit Operating Agreement Pre-Printed or on Disk available at Discounted Rate
- Restriction clause can be added to the front or back of the certificates, additional cost may apply.
Thank you for your interest in our LLC kit options. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819.