PROCESSING FEE: $250
(PLUS DELAWARE STATE FEES)
In this section we'll explain the requirements, where to file, and fees regarding a Delaware foreign qualification.
If you've incorporated your company in any state other than Delaware (state motto: Liberty and Independence) and you wish to "conduct business" in Delaware, you'll need to "foreign qualify" your company.
A Delaware form called "Qualification of Foreign Corporation" or "Qualification of Foreign LLC" needs to be completed. There is a form for LLCs and a different form for corporations. The State of Delaware requires the following pieces of information:
- Full company name
- Assumed/alternate name in Delaware (if applicable)
- Date business commenced (or proposed)
- Name of authorized person
- State (or country) of Incorporation or Formation
- Date of formation in state of incorporation
- Street address of principal office
- Address where company records are maintained
- A designated commercial registered agent for service of process (can be either a corporation or natural person)
- Street address (including county) of agent for service of process
- Effective date (either "Upon filing" or "Delayed Effective Date:_____________________"
- List of assets and liabilities within the last 6 months
- Signature and title of the authorized person
Documents to file
- Application for Registration
- Filing fees of $245
- Expedited fee of $50
Where to file
The completed form can be filed by mail or in person:
Delaware Division of Corporations
401 Federal Street – Suite 4
Dover, DE 19901
State of Delaware phone number is 302-739-3073. Their website is https://corp.delaware.gov/
Fees & Costs
The State of Delaware has a filing fee of $245. Make checks payable to "Secretary of State". Accepted payment types:
- American Express
We hope you found this page beneficial regarding an out of state LLC or corporation doing business in the State of Delaware. For a small processing fee plus state fees, you can have one of our expert Incorporation Specialists "foreign qualify" your company in Delaware. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-423-2993 or 302-996-5819. Thank you for your interest in Foreign Qualification in Delaware.